Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Six Months

If you're like me every six months you might go to the dentist, pay your car insurance, and/or get a haircut.  But, this last round of (six) months has just flown by!  I don't remember my last haircut, or going to the dentist, and I really hope we paid our car insurance.  I seriously cannot believe my little Henry is six months old!

With that said, I am so in love with this guy.  The amount of joy that explodes within every time I see his squishy thighs, smiling face, and pudgy cheeks makes me want to cry tears of happiness.  The other day, for example, he was in his car seat and Tikka was sitting right next to him.  I opened the car door to get them both out and saw him grin from ear to ear as he pet Tikka.  It was such a simple, but magical moment.  It brought me to tears.

This guy has me do the craziest things too.  I talk in "Henry's" voice all the time, sing to him when I should be talking (everything turns into a song), and I make the strangest faces (in public too) because I know it makes him laugh.  I am that mom at the grocery store talking to her baby who doesn't talk yet, but, I don't care ... my kid will know what a parsnip is before yours 😉

So six months marks Henry's first vacation off the Firsts list.  I was 18 when I took my first plane ride, Henry has already been on TWO!  Andy had a conference in Orlando and I didn't want to be alone with the baby all week so we decided to fly in the day before the conference ended to spend some quality family time with each other.  We had to fly just the two of us, but surprisingly it went really well.  We did just fine.  Nursing helped and other passengers were so kind.  AND Aunt Natalie was able to come!  We went out for some pretty amazing meals, went to a wax museum, Disney's Animal Kingdom, Disney Springs, and HAM even swam for the first time.  It was a great way to break up our winter and get Henry used to unusual surroundings.  This kid is going to fly at least once a year to Michigan and then again for a vacation or two, starting him young!








Month Six

Milestones: Eats "step two" baby foods now and kinda says ma and dada
Dislikes: Blueberries
Likes: Cuddling with mommy and tummy time
Weight: 17 lbs 2 oz
Length: 28 inches long



No comments:

Post a Comment