Sunday, November 22, 2015

Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies

Over my maternity leave I was so bored (and thankful for my well behaved baby boy!) I created things to do each day.  I made sure Henry and I either left the house once or had a to do list.  For a couple weeks I was obsessed with making cookies.  This was one recipe I loved.  I tweaked it some due to not have certain ingredients in the house. Enjoy!

Chocolate Coconut Oatmeal Cookies
makes two dozen 

1 1/4 cup quick oats
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup coconut oil
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 large egg
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup shredded coconut
4 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
2 teaspoons milk

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a large bowl whisk flour, oats, baking soda, and salt, set aside.

In a KitchenAid bowl or mixing bowl using egg beaters mix together coconut oil and brown sugar until smooth.  Add egg, milk and vanilla, mix again until smooth.

Add flour and oat mixture to wet ingredients, mixing until well combined.  Slowly add in coconut and chocolate chunks.

Use a tablespoon to measure out cookie dough balls and place them onto a cookie sheet.  (I use a silicone baking sheet, but would recommend greasing your sheet if you do not.)  Bake 9 to 11 minutes and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment