Monday, September 21, 2015

Quick Green Chile Dill Pickles

I haven't posted a recipe since May.  Sorry, I've been a little busy...  So I thought since fall is almost here and the Farmers Markets will be blooming with even more delicious vegetables this recipe would make up for my delay.

I originally found this on Pinterest and that blogger adapted it from Food and Wine, I added a New Mexico twist!

Quick Green Chile Dill Pickles

8-12 pickling cucumbers, quartered or halved depending on size
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoons sugar
3/4 cups distilled white vinegar
1 tablespoons coriander seeds
6 large garlic cloves, halved
Your desired amount of green chiles (or jalapenos) halved lengthwise, seeded
8-12 dill sprigs

Pack cucumbers, chiles, dill, and garlic into a clean glass jar.  In another jar, combine the salt, sugar, vinegar, and coriander.  Shake until the salt and sugar dissolve.  Add a cup of water and pour the brine over the vegetables, adding more water to keep the vegetables submerged.  Close the jar and refrigerate overnight or for up to one month.


Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment