Thursday, August 27, 2015

One Month

A whole month has passed.  I am a mother to a beautiful ONE MONTH OLD.  I seriously can't believe how fast that went.  I know people say, "They grow up in the blink of an eye," but com'on!  I honestly didn't think that much would change in a month.  I can't imagine what my fingers will be typing after he turns one!

Until then, Andy and I are documenting his growth.  We are taking two photos each month with these adorable sticker ties we found on Amazon.  One photo will be of him in a little rocking chair Andy grew up with (It is over 55 years old!) and another with his giant teddy bear from Grandpa Rodney in his little red wagon that Grandpa Joe fixed up for him.  See the change below!

Henry's second day of life with the amazing Dr. Wolfswinkle. 
One month, unhappy baby. 
One month, happier baby. 
We all think our own babies are geniuses, right?  But Henry really is!  He has developed quite the vocabulary.  He talks in dinosaur so we aren't totally sure what he is trying to say, but we encourage his blossoming communication skills.  His coos and gurgles are absolutely the cutest I've ever heard.  Sometimes he sounds like a T-rex ready for dinner (mainly when he is ready for dinner), but most of the time he sounds like a timid plant eating dino, think 1988 Littlefoot.


Henry likes to read books with daddy, listen to music and sing with mommy (so far Hakuna Matata is his fav.), and snuggle with anyone.  His favorite way to sleep is on his tummy on someone else's.  I think the heartbeat noise soothes him.


He also enjoys sitting besides daddy while watching the BBC version of Top Gear.  He is already scheming plans to build that 1970 Fastback Mustang Boss 302 clone or a first generation Bronco with a stroked small block.  See a genius! What did I tell ya?


At one month Henry loves his mommy's milk, car rides, and tummy time.  He also loves his thumb when he can find it, his bouncy and swing, and bath time with daddy.


Even though I don't want him to grow up too fast, I can't wait to see how much he changes and develops next month.  Until then ...

Sincerely,

Sandy (and Henry)

1 comment: