Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Andy's Award Winning Salsa Verde

So I was going through old photos the other day and came across this amazingly delicious salsa concoction Andy threw together two years ago.  I had a Cinco de Mayo Salsa Contest while working at the hotel in 2013 and lo and behold WE WON!! The chef was so impressed he asked for the recipe!!

I thought this would be perfect to post since it IS Cinco de Mayo, because it has been a long time since I posted a recipe, and lastly in celebration of my amazing husband.  Ever since I found out I was pregnant he has taken over in the kitchen.  He has been so great handling my tiredness and sensitive smell issues I thought I needed to pay him a little attention here on my blog.

Andy's AWARD Winning Salsa Verde

6 medium tomatillos, husked and rinsed
jalapeno, stemmed, seeded, and sliced
cilantro, stemmed and chopped
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 garlic cloves 
Salt and pepper

Preheat broiler.

Roast tomatillos and jalapeno on a baking sheet until dark.  In blender or food processor, combine all ingredients and 1/4 cup water, blend to a coarse puree.  Season with salt and pepper.

Serve with chips or on top of fish, steak, or chicken.




No comments:

Post a Comment