Sunday, October 27, 2013

Roasted Orange Chicken and Glazed Vegetables

Andy and I are almost settled in Wisconsin.  It has been a long, stressful trip and I am happy to state it is almost done.  Only a few more tasks before we can start calling this house a home and ... I still need to find a job.  Until then, get used to seeing more blog posts.  All the boxes are unpacked, the house is spotless, and I can only watch so many Hulu Originals before I go insane.  

Since the weather shifted quite quickly for me, I have been using the oven more.  I found a recipe similar to the one below about a year ago and have finally tweaked it and made it my own.  I have never had parsnips before this meal and now love them.  Enjoy! 

Roasted Orange Chicken and Glazed Vegetables

2 oranges, halved
1/2 lb of baby carrots
3 parsnips, peeled, cut into 1 inch pieces
4 chicken breasts
2 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp dijon mustard
1 tbs honey
1 tbs chopped tarragon
olive oil
mixed salad greens
salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 425 degrees.  Rub chicken with coriander.  Cut all but one orange halves into 1/4 inch-thick slices and place in cast iron skillet or dutch oven with carrots, parsnips and chicken.  Drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper.  Roast until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. 

Meanwhile, juice remaining orange half into a small bowl and whisk with mustard, oil, salt, and pepper.  Add greens to bowl and toss to coat. 

Transfer chicken to a cutting board.  Drizzle honey over vegetable and sprinkle with tarragon; stir to combine.  Slice chicken breasts and serve with salad and vegetables.


No comments:

Post a Comment