Sunday, April 7, 2013

Mom in Santa Fe

Thursday marked the end to another great visit from my mom.  I thought it would be hard finding stuff for us to do since this was her third visit to Santa Fe, but boy were we busy!


Saturday we enjoyed the beautiful weather and mom finally had the chance to experience Tent Rocks.  This place is amazing.  There are meadows of rock formations that are supposedly created due to volcanic eruptions.  We hiked The Canyon Trail, about  three miles, an approximate 600 feet climb to the  top of a mesa.  Excellent views!



We also spent a day in Taos, New Mexico.  We witnessed The Rio Grande Gorge and visited The Taos Pueblo.  (The Taos Pueblo is a replica of my hotel, so I was especially excited about this.)  After being slightly disappointed due to the cost of just walking around the ruins, I finally started enjoying all the history that this tourist attraction had to offerThis community is known for being one of the most private, secretive, and conservative pueblos and is STILL an active place of residence today.

Rio Grande Gorge

Taos Pueblo

Taos Art
In addition to these two trips we went to a concert, The Georgia O'Keeffe Museum, did some shopping, and ate ... A LOT.

Having  my mom in Santa Fe makes me realize how much I miss her, but at the same time it reminds me how much I've achieved in my life.  It gives me joy to be able to show her around Santa Fe and new things every time she visits.  I can't wait for her annual trip next year.  <3 

1 comment:

  1. I noticed all the food pics! I am so glad that you had a good time. I can't wait to visit :)

    ReplyDelete