With that said, instead of listing my resolutions - because let's be honest ... I will do great for the first few months, but will slack the rest of the year. I highlighted below my Top Ten Memories of 2012.
1. Hiking. I accomplished the hardest hike of my life, Nambe Lake. I have faced the fact that I am not the best hiker, however, I really enjoy it. Nambe Lake was a killer, but I completed it and am very proud of myself.
2. Visitors. I had a great time when my mom and dad came to visit. It was my dad's first time in Santa Fe and the first time he ever flew and it was to see me! We had a great time showing him around. We also enjoyed Deb and Joe 's visit over the fourth of July and Natalie and Adam's second trip out here in September. We love showing people around New Mexico and hope more people come to visit in 2013.
3. My Best Friend's Wedding. I was able to be apart of my best friend's wedding this past May and am so thankful for that opportunity. She was the prettiest bride ever and the wedding was a great success. We have six weddings to attend in 2013 and I can't wait to witness the amazing commitment of marriage during each of these.
4. Tikka. In June we adopted our second dog, Tikka. She is such a joy and very lovable. Andy is hoping to teach her to be a duck dog for next year's hunting season and I love our cuddle time every morning together. She loves going to doggy daycare, the dog park, and her sister, Kimber.
5. Navajo Lake. In August we traveled to Navajo Lake with ten friends. We rented a pontoon boat and camped for an entire weekend. It was so much fun and Tikka's first time swimming and camping. She loved it and slept the whole way home!
6. Yoga. I started practicing yoga in 2012. I started with a six week introductory class and enjoy it so much I go twice a week now. I hope to become better this year and work on my balance, strength, and breathing.
7. Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta. Andy and I finally experienced Albuquerque's Balloon Fiesta. This annual event hosts hundreds of hot air balloons each October. We had to wake up at four in the morning in order to see them all take off, but it was so worth it.
8. Halloween Party Dos. Andy and I hosted our second Halloween Party. We had a great turn out and of course it was a blast. I even made my costume!
9. Thanksgiving. Our friends, Shelly and Marek, hosted a delicious Thanksgiving dinner and I made my first turkey! It was a huge success and I believe everyone enjoyed eating it as much as I enjoyed making it.
10. New Friends. Last, but not least, our new friends in Santa Fe have made me enjoy my time here even more. We have met an amazing group of people and I am very thankful for each and every one of them. I hope these friendships grow throughout the year and many years to come.