Sunday, October 28, 2012

Mexican Chorizo and Sweet Potato Soup


When trying a new recipe nine times out of ten I change a handful of things when making it again.  I normally type it out, make my changes, and save it in a folder designated for my favorite recipes.  If I already have it printed out or if it is in a cookbook I make notes.  (You should see my cookbooks!)  Once I've made all my changes, sometimes I have a completely new recipe.  I love learning to cook this way because I can be creative in the kitchen and I surprise myself with the outcome all the time.  Andy has caught on too, he has made some really great suggestions.  With that said, I will make my new favorite fall soup, Mexican Chorizo and Sweet Potato, the same way over and over again.

Excitedly, I received the November issue of Food Network Magazine (The best gift ever!) last week.  I was excited for its arrival because I will be using this issue to attempt to make my first Thanksgiving turkey for our Santa Fe friends in less than a month.  When I was looking at The Ultimate Turkey Day Handbook  I came across this amazing soup recipe.

If you are looking for a quick, hearty, fall meal, I've found it for you.  I could also add manly and healthy in that description, because Andy liked it so much he couldn't stop eating and I think the serving sized can be doubled.  It says it serves 4, but we have enough leftover for the next two days!
 

view recipe here

No comments:

Post a Comment