Sunday, August 19, 2012

Two Green Thumbs

I remember when was little and helped my mom weed and pick veggies from my grandma's garden.  There was nothing like eating tomatoes straight from the plant or my mom's fried zucchini fresh from the earth.  I even remember having a small garden at our house on Superior and stealing green beans before school. 

After having a terrible attempt at gardening last year, Andy and I decided to try again.  We started small with red onions, green peppers, jalapenos, cherry and roma tomatoes, and of course sunflowers.  We did plant some herbs, but they didn't take (next year, maybe).

I am very proud of us trying this again.  There is something wonderful about growing your own food.  Even though we have simple items in our garden I can't wait to make homemade salsa, spaghetti sauce, and stuffed peppers.  Yum!!


Jalapeno Plant
Roma Tomato Plant
Sunflowers




No comments:

Post a Comment