Saturday, April 28, 2012

Dale Ball and Chamisa


Andy and I have been catching up on hiking the past couple weeks.  Last week we hiked Dale Ball.  At 7,000 feet above sea level, the Dale Ball trail has over 20 miles of routes that are a physically rewarding and really aren’t that hard.  There are a few heart-pounding uphill climbs, but it’s a beautiful hike that I can’t wait to try again.  



 
The weekend before we hiked Chamisa trail.   Day Hikes in the Santa Fe Area rates this trail as easy so I thought I’d be fine.  As far as technical aspects go it's a straightforward hike, but it was a lot of uphill!!  The trail starts at about 8,000 feet and goes up to a midpoint where several trails intersect.  Then, it goes back down to our destination, a meadow by the roaring Tesuque Creek. It was the perfect place to stop for an afternoon snack and to prepare for the hike back to our car.



Last month I purchased new boots and trekking pools.  I think the pools make hiking a little easier, but at the same time they help work the whole body.  I'm enjoying hiking more and more each time we go out and can't wait for this weekend's hike!

1 comment: