Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year!

I can’t believe another year has passed, 2011 was such an amazing year for me. Moving half way across the country was a struggle at first, but as time went on I found my way. I started the beginning of the year exploring Santa Fe and landed a job at an Ameriprise Financial franchise. After only six months I found out about an amazing opportunity in which I would use my degree almost every day. It was a hard decision, but I knew I was making the right choice. On September 6th I started what could be the beginning of my career as the marketing coordinator at the Inn and Spa at Loretto.


In addition to my new job I’ve made a great core group of friends. It was really hard making/finding friends, luckily the few friends I made in the beginning introduced me to more people and the list keeps getting longer. Andy and I even hosted our first house party, a Halloween Bash at the end of October, it was a hit!!



Through all these changes I never really had a chance to sit down and think about all I’ve gone through. (That is what my blog is for!) I have so much to be thankful for, a wonder family, great old and new friends, and an amazing husband who is always there for me. Oh and one fantastic Labrador who makes me smile every day!


I also want to take a moment to sit and reflect on the New Year. I’m looking forward to many things, family and friends visits, hiking new trails with Andy and Kimber, and my job, which is now a full time position! 

With that said, I have a few New Year resolutions I hope to stay true. I normally don’t make resolutions, but feel like I need a little push in my life right now since everything seems to be going my way. This year I am going to blog and read more, find healthier recipes so Andy and I can start eating better, and to keep up with working out. 

I can’t wait to see what is in store for me in 2012!!

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I'm so glad I met you in 2011 and I'm excited for our friendship to grow this year. Good luck with your resolutions! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are very happy that you are finding your way in Santa Fe....but wish you could be here too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much to be proud of in 2011 Sandy, I have a lot of respect for all you and Andy have gone through in your move. You have grown so much within the last year and a half. I'm glad I still get to see you once in a while and can't wait for a visit to NM!

    ReplyDelete