Saturday, November 26, 2011

Happy Holidays

The past few years Andy and I have spent Thanksgiving dinner with his family and then would have dessert with my family. This year was different. We made reservations (photos below) and spent the evening watching movies together.


The peaceful and stable holiday was great, but I would have given anything to have been traveling house to house, helping in the kitchen and eating apple pie with a heaping scoopful of vanilla ice cream.

With that said, I need to emphasize how thankful I am for the life I live. Andy and I both have amazing jobs that I am very thankful for. We have accomplished so much career wise and enjoy how much we’ve learned.  In addition to our careers, I am thankful for having a sense of home. We are finally feeling at home in Santa Fe and are enjoying everything the Land of Enchantment has to offer. 

I am also very thankful for our families. We couldn’t have done half the things we’ve accomplished without them. They are all truly wonderful people, I am so thankful for their constant love and support. They have been there through thick and thin for the both of us and have helped us in so many ways. I am incredibly thankful for them and love them all very much. 

I can’t forget my amazing friends. Living 1,500 miles away can be very hard on a friendship, but all my friends have been very compassionate and interested in the life I now have here in Santa Fe. I receive countless texts, e-mails, and phone calls each week from a lot of them just wondering how I’m doing and what’s new. I feel that some of my relationships have actually gotten stronger due to the distance and I’m very thankful for that as well. 

Lastly, I’m thankful for my incredible husband. He has been there for me through sleepless nights, bad moods and everything in between.  He doesn’t judge me; he loves me for who I am. I’m extremely thankful for our relationship; it gets stronger and stronger every day. 

In closure I’d like to quote John F. Kennedy, "As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them."

Thanksgiving Dinner at El Farol

Andy first course was a Butternut Squash Bisque

My first first course was a Candies Pecan & Cranberry Salad w/ Goat Cheese
My second course was Southwestern Cornish Game Hens rubbed w/
New Mexico's Red Chile, served with scalloped potatoes and calabasitas
Andy's second course was an 8oz Top Sirloin grilled Elk Steak served with grilled
onions, mashed potatoes, and asparagus
And for dessert we both had Cinnamon Ice Cream ... What an amazing meal!!




No comments:

Post a Comment