Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Girlfriends


In my last post I complained about how stressful our 4th of July vacation was, about our lack of vacation time, and how we’re going use it in the future.  After reading it a couple times I realized that I didn’t emphasize what a great time we actually did have, even though it was stressful. I truly have the best friends and family a girl could ask for. 

Beautiful Sunset in Michigan

With that said, I have finally been feeling better about our move and my homesickness only wiggles its way through when something happens back at home that I’m not a part of, but that’s inevitable. 

The reason I think I’ve been feeling better is because I finally have some girlfriends to hang out with. The week Andy and I moved to Santa Fe a co-worker of his invited us out for drinks. We had a lot of fun; the people we hung out with were all really great and we became friends with them right away.  To top it off I hit it off with a girl my age! We hung out a few times in the group and then finally exchanged numbers. We now get manis/pedis at least once a month and go out for dinner here and there. We actually saw the musical Cats a while back, it was a great show and we had a lot of fun. I was very lucky to meet her right away. 

Natalia and I at Cats!

In addition to that, a few months ago two girls invited me over for a girl’s night. They are friends with one of Andy’s old college roommates.  I was really excited because Andy was out of town and I needed time away from our house since I was home alone all week. I had a great time and met two more girls at their house. After a month passing I realized how awesome if was having some girl time and created a group on Facebook. Now we have girl’s night a couple times a month. This month we are having movie night at my place, I can’t wait!

Mud Volleyball 2011 (with a couple of the girls I've made friends with)


I feel like I am finally finding a place here. I’m so thankful for all the people I’ve met and hope we will all stay friends for a very long time!! Thank you!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so proud of you for making new friends! :) I knew you could with no problem. Although, I'm a little jealous... don't go replacing me! haha Where is the next post??? I always get on to check!

    ReplyDelete