Monday, August 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home


It has been about a month since Andy and I took our 4th of July vacation. We decided to drive the 1,500 miles to Grand Rapids, MI due to expensive airfare (and because we wanted to bring Kimber, she missed everyone too).  The drive wasn’t bad and being home was awesome! We spent a lot of time with our families and tried to see everyone in our power. 

To be honest, this vacation wasn’t really a vacation. Don’t get me wrong, coming home was great and seeing everyone was absolutely amazing. However, I felt like we were being pulled each and every way possible. I’m not blaming anyone but myself. We filled our week so fast and by the end of the week we were exhausted. I’m sure others who’ve been away from their hometown feel the same way as we do.

Andy and I talked during our long drive back to Santa Fe. We both agreed that the trip was a bit too stressful. We also talked about how we only have so much vacation time and that we don’t want to spend all of it on going home. We promised each other that we would from now on go on an actual vacation once a year. We will still come home to visit as much as we can and will make sure we create a stress free trip. 

With that said if anyone would like to come see us in Santa Fe we do have an extra bedroom and would love to be anyone’s tour guide!!

No comments:

Post a Comment