Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Time Well Spent

It has been almost a month since my mom came to visit us. I was so excited the morning of her arrival and could hardly sit still at work all morning. She took a shuttle to Santa Fe from Albuquerque after her flight that dropped her off a block away from my work. When she called and told me she had arrived I walked to the corner to meet her, tourists and strangers probably thought I was going crazy because I was running down the sidewalk yelling, “MOM” at the top of my lungs. I was able to leave work early that afternoon and Andy had the day off so once I introduced my mom to my co-workers  and showed her around we headed home. We went to our favorite winery, Estrella Del Norte Vineyard around 4:00 and then went out for some New Mexican food for dinner. 



On Saturday my mom and I spent the day at The Plaza, it is basically a shopping center in the downtown area of Santa Fe with interesting galleries, vendors, shops, and museums. We had lunch and did a lot of shopping. We found this one store (I don’t remember the name), a real touristy kind of place, that had coffee mugs, magnets, and trinkets that said New Mexico and Santa Fe on them. In the back of the store there were rooms and rooms of authentic Spanish clothing. My mom and I were just looking around and this woman who worked there kept finding clothes and making us try them on, she was crazy, but it was so much fun!! 
 
Sunday was really fun too. We drove about a half hour north of Santa Fe and visited The Bandelier, this is the coolest place I’ve ever been! The Bandelier is a Pueblo archeological site that covers 33,000+ acres and over 70 miles of trails. I posted pictures below because words cannot describe this amazing place. 







With all that said, I had a great time with my mom while she was here. I can’t believe that a month has already gone by ….. but now I have to plan for when my sister-in-law, Natalie, comes to visit in just about one week, I can’t wait. (My mission: to teach her how to cook, love you, Nat!)

2 comments: