Thursday, February 24, 2011

New Job v Old Job

I never utter the words I’m about to type …. You were right! 

Well …. the few of you who commented on my last post are right. The information download is finally taking effect, I understand almost everything I’ve done thus far at the new job and am actually learning a lot about investing. However, I’m not sure if it is the right fit. At the moment it’s great, but I will try to find something new eventually. Don’t get me wrong, I’m thankful for this opportunity, but I miss working with children. I loved making a difference in a child’s life every day, getting hugs just because, and hearing hilarious stories told by five and six year olds.

You don’t believe adults when you are young and naïve about how fast children grow up, but it's true. Most of the children that were in my classroom started attending the daycare before I even began working there. I was there for 3.5 years and watched many of them grow up. I’m upset to know that I won’t see them grow any longer. I know they will all succeed in life and become wonderful people. I just hope they remember me and all the fun we had together. 

I was so excited to leave the daycare due to all the wedding festivities and moving across the country. I never thought twice about how I would feel after months past. These children were (and still are) such an important part of my life, they taught me so much without even knowing it. I hope that one day I can find a new group of children to inspire and to be inspired again.  

I miss you School-Ager, Miss Sandy loves you!!

2 comments:

  1. If you miss kids so much then maybe you should start having some yourself :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha ... not ready for that yet, I'm liking it being just Andrew and I right now. If I work with kids I can just give them back to their parents at the end of the night ... best of both worlds :)

    ReplyDelete