Friday, January 21, 2011

Hello Santa Fe

We are finally settled in our new home after a long week. Andy, Joe, Deb (my in-laws), and I arrive last Friday to sunny Santa Fe, New Mexico. The moving company showed up early Tuesday morning and now mostly everything is unpacked and organized (thanks to Andy’s parents). I can’t express how thankful I am for their help and support, thank you guys SO much!!

Andy and I (Kimber too!) are really starting to love it here. The weather is perfect, people are incredibly kind, and the restaurants are to die for! Being 1500 miles away from my friends and family hasn’t hit me yet since we’ve been so busy being tourists, learning about New Mexico, and all the work we’ve done on the house so far. I’m sure the “common homesickness” will hit me eventually. When it does I’ll be positive by staying busy and connected to all the wonderful people in my life through the internet, phone, and maybe some snail-mail. 

With that said, I can share the most recent exciting news that will take up 40 hours of my week … I GOT A JOB!! It isn’t an amazing life changing position at a non-profit organization that I wanted, but that doesn’t mean I can’t volunteer my spare time. I’ve been looking for almost four months and couldn’t find anything in the non-profit sector. I knew limiting myself to just one avenue was a bad idea so I applied to an ad on Craig’s List. I had an interview this morning, within a few hours I received a phone call and was offered the job.  I’m the newest secretary at Ameriprise Financial Group in Santa Fe, New Mexico starting Wednesday, January 24th at 8:30am. I am so happy to say I’m finally employed ... maybe one day I’ll move up and become a financial advisor ;)

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the job Sandy! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete