Friday, January 7, 2011

Finally

I saw Andy in professional-mode for the first time yesterday. He finally presented his thesis after almost two years of sleepless nights collecting and interpreting data, traveling, reading, studying, writing, etc ... I barely recognized him in his Kenneth Cole suit as his spoke of combustion, acceleration, and windowing. He was very articulate, organized, and knowledgeable; I actually understood some things he said!! I am so proud of him and all his accomplishments and am ready to see him excel within his new career.

With that said, the anticipation of our move has finally hit me, maybe it’s because Andy is almost done with school or because of all the snow that has fallen … I don’t know, but I do know that I am finally ready to move.

A few weeks ago I read a comment on a previous post from my best friend; she helped me realize that it is okay to be thrilled about the move. She said, “Don't be sad about your situation ... be excited about all the new opportunities! Yes, life at home will go on without you and there will be things you will miss ... but if you don't go out and make a life for yourself and Andy, then you will also miss out on great adventures for the both of you!” This alleviated a lot of stress, because it made me recognize that this move is more than a move, it is a chance for and Andy and I to get to know each other even better without any distractions or influences.

We’ll be leaving Michigan in less than a week and I am so thankful that I can finally say that I’m excited. I know that we need to do this, we need to free ourselves from the bubble that we’ve grown so accustom to. We know that our friends and family will miss us very much and will be sad to see us go, but like my BF said, “If you don’t go out and make a life for yourself, you will miss out on great adventures.”  We don’t want to miss out on anything ... SO bring it on New Mexico, The Morello’s are on their way!!!

3 comments:

  1. Nice work dear. I am excited to move as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Proud of you.....And excited for you to see where your life takes you!

    ReplyDelete