Thursday, December 9, 2010

Chapter One

I came across this quote the other day, “Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self.”  This made me think of a night when I initiated a conversation with my husband about all the changes in our life together that have happened, are happening, and are going to happen.

In August, I graduated college, got married, and moved out of my parent’s house for the first time, three really big accomplishments! To be honest, moving wasn’t hard at first because when my husband and I were dating we were 500 miles away from each other for four years. I was excited to finally be with him all the time, but I didn’t realize how hard it was going to be after the honeymoon stage faded away. This strange feeling came flowing through me when I received a picture message of my friend’s new baby girl early one morning, it broke my heart that I missed the most important time in her life. That night I brought up my feelings to my husband, after about an hour of talking we concluded that I am just homesick. I didn’t know being homesick felt so bad!

I was searching for ways to help me get over it, looking at photos on Facebook, e-mailing family and friends, and Skyping made it worse. I found the quote above and after reading into it thought writing might help me … and others.

I love to write and have always wanted to start a blog, but never knew what to write about, now that I have found something, or something found me, I’m going to start!

3 comments:

  1. I find that writing is the best therapy, for me at least, and I have been through a lot. I hope that it helps. I will do my best to keep up on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much!! It already is making me feel better and killing some time :)

    ReplyDelete